Adapted from MWC website
- Mennonite World Conference (MWC) represents the majority of the global family of Christian churches rooted in the 16th century Radical Reformation in Europe, particularly in the Anabaptist movement.
- MWC membership in 2018 included one international association and 107 Mennonite and Brethren in Christ national churches from 58 countries, with around 1.47 million baptized believers in close to 10,000 congregations. About 81% of baptized believers in MWC member churches are African, Asian or Latin American, and 19% are located in Europe and North America.
- Churches are asked to plan an Anabaptist World Fellowship Sunday worship service close to Jan. 21 that will help them enter more fully into fellowship, intercession and thanksgiving with and for the global faith family. On that date in 1525, the first Anabaptist baptism took place in Zurich, Switzerland. Materials are available to help remember our common roots and celebrate our worldwide koinonia. Churches are invited to take a “one lunch” offering to support the networks and resources of our global Anabaptist church family.
- Renewal 2027 is a 10-year series of events commemorating the 500th anniversary of the beginnings of the Anabaptist movement. Each year, local churches host the event in a different region of the world. One such event is Renewal 2027: Jesus Christ: Our Hope, March 28, 2020, Columbia Bible College, Abbotsford, B.C. A series of annual regional events will culminate at MWC Assembly 18 in 2027.
- There are two major events ahead: Assembly Gathered, July 6-11, 2021, Semarang, Indonesia. The theme is Following Jesus together across barriers. Seguir a Jesús juntos, superando las barreras. Suivre Jésus ensemble à travers les frontiers. The Global Youth Summit is on July 2-5, 2021, Salatiga, Indonesia. The theme is Life in the Spirit: Learn. Serve. Worship.